Displaying present location in the site.
Environmental Management Initiatives
Environmental Policy and Management
As part of its Corporate Social Responsibility activities, NEC seeks to reduce environmental impacts in its own business activities. At the same time, it is carrying out "environmental management" that contributes to reducing the environmental impacts of society as a whole through its products and services. Also, to promote environmental management throughout the entire Group, it has established the "Environmental Policy" to express its environmental philosophy and action guidelines. Conduct that complies with the charter is expected of all NEC employees including executive officers.
NEC views the operation of business in harmony with the environment as one of our top priority issues and is committed to reducing the environmental impact of the entire global supply chain and contributing to a sustainable society.
- We will create social value focused on delivering ICT solutions and services leveraging advanced technologies. In so doing, we will contribute to the reduction of the environmental burden on customers and the global environment, and help mitigate the impacts of climate change.
- We will assess the environmental impact throughout the entire life cycle of ICT solutions and service development with considerations for reducing environmental burden.
- We will comply with environmental laws and regulations associated with our business activities, honor agreements with stakeholders, and strive to conserve energy, save resources, and prevent environmental pollution caused by chemical substances and waste along the entire supply chain.
- We will prioritize the procurement of environmentally friendly hardware, and software, and services.
- We will disclose environmental information regarding our business activities and ICT solutions and services to our stakeholders.
- We will raise the environmental awareness of each and every one of our employees worldwide and contribute to the conservation of the global environment through the promotion of climate change action, resource circulation, and biodiversity.
- We will strive to improve an environmental management system with environmental targets and conduct periodic reviews to realize continual improvement.
- This policy is applicable to NEC Malaysia and all its activities.
NEC focuses on activities to reduce the environmental impact of products over their entire lifecycle .In these activities, we have added the perspectives of "Ecology" (including resource recycling, global warming prevention, and environmental consciousness) and "Compliance" to the conventional perspectives of "Quality," "Cost," and "Delivery."
Products, software and services that meet NEC's environmental standards are certified and registered as Eco Symbol products and services.